Welcome to Washington!
The children in Washington have made a wonderful transition to Year 5. They are enjoying expanding their knowledge and developing new skills. We have an exciting year ahead, full of new learning opportunities for our children.
Our thematic study this term is ‘War and Conflict’, and all of our learning will be based around our theme, including our Literacy Counts text, ‘A Story Like The Wind’.
- P.E- Tuesday (PM) and Wednesday (AM)
- Snack money is £2 per half term. Please bring it into school in an envelope with your child’s name on it.
Reading books should be brought into school every day. Your child will change their reading book upon bringing their completed book into school. This ensures your child can further develop their reading skills and are able to choose their book themselves. It is important that the child read 5 times minimum at home and that their reading records are signed each time that they read.
All homework and spellings will be set on SeeSaw for your child to complete. Children have also been given their TTRS logins to further practise their times tables.
- 12th October- Children in Need
- 7th December- Christmas Pantomime
- 16th December- Christmas Jumper Day