Below are some things that can help boost your mental wellbeing, these are the 6 ways to wellbeing..
1. Be Active... Go for a walk or run, step outside, cycle, play a game or dance. Exercising makes you feel good. Most importantly, discover a physical activity that you enjoy; one that suits your level of mobility and fitness.
2. Keep Learning... Try something new; rediscover an old interest, sign up for that course, take on a different responsibility at work, learn to play an instrument or how to cook your favourite food.
3. Give... Do something nice for a friend or a stranger. Thank someone and smile. Volunteer your time or join a community group. Look out, as well as in. Seeing yourself and your happiness, linked to the wider community can be incredibly rewarding and will create connections with the people around you.
4. Connect... With the people around you. With family, friends, colleagues and neighbours. Think of these as the cornerstones of your life and invest time in developing them. Building these connections will support and enrich you every day.
5. Take notice... Be curious, catch sight of the beautiful around you, notice the changing seasons. Savour the moment! Be aware of the world around you and what you are feeling. Reflecting on your experiences will help you appreciate what matters to you.
6. Care for the planet... Look after your community and the world. Make small changes to your life and that will reduce your energy use, recycle more, leave the car at home, use low energy light bulbs, small steps to a greener life can make a difference.
You can find out more about the 6 ways to wellbeing by visiting: