Welcome to Cardiff!
Our class teacher is Miss Harrison.
Our teaching assistant is Mrs Smyth.
We are a mixed Year 1 and 2 class and we enjoy learning new things every day. We always try our best and we can't wait to share our learning with you. We update our page regularly so you can keep up to date with what we are learning about in school. You can also follow us on twitter to get regular updates.
What will we be learning about this half term?
- In Science, we are going to be learning about animals. We will be sorting them, describing them, finding out what they need to survive and lots more. We are launching our topic with a visit from ZooLab! How exciting!
- In History, we are going to learn about the history of our school. We will look at old pictures and artefacts and we will invite members of the community into school to share what our school was like in the past.
- In DT, we are going to make animal puppets. We will design, make and evaluate our designs.
- In Art we will be completing observational drawings.
- In Computing, we will follow the Knowsley CLC scheme of work and make our own books about minibeasts using Book Creator.
- In RE, we will be learning about Advent and preparing for Christmas as part of our 'Waiting' topic.
- Reading books are changed on a Wednesday.
- PE days are on Wednesdays with Coach Sam and Fridays with Miss Harrison.
- Children should read their reading books every night.
- Spellings are set on Spelling Shed each week (Children have their own log in information)
- Children should access Times Table Rock Stars each week (Children have their own log in information)
Children can earn smileys and certificates when they complete their homework.