Welcome to Cardiff!
Our class teacher is Miss Harrison.
Our teaching assistants are Miss McDonald and Miss Bennett.
The children are having a fantastic time in the Year 1/2 class and have been very busy making new friends and we have already made brilliant progress in our learning during the Autumn term. We always try our best and we can't wait to share our learning with you! Miss Harrison updates our page regularly so you can keep up to date with what we are learning about in school.
Our topic in the Summer Term is:
- In Science we are going to learn to distinguish between an object and the material from which it is made, identify and name a variety of every day materials, describe the properties of materials and compare and group them, look at their suitability for every day uses and find out how the shapes of solid objects can be changed.
- In History we will be learning all changes within living memory and will look at toys we used to play with when we were babies and compare them to toys we play with now, sort toys along a timeline, look at old toys and modern toys, compare the toys that we play with to toys that our parents and grandparents played with.
- In Geography we will name and locate the world's seven continents and five oceans and identify the location of hot and cold areas in the world in relation to the Equator and the North and South Poles.
- In Art we will be making digital art in the style of Andy Warhol to create pictures of toys
- In DT we will design, make and evaluate our own toy puppet and create our own games
- In Computing, we will continue to follow the Knowsley CLC Scheme of Work.
We are always very busy and have lots of fun learning! Check the articles below to see what we've been up to. We also love to hear from you so please leave us a comment in our guestbook!