Welcome to Belfast!
We are a Year 2 class.
Miss Mottram is our class teacher and Mrs Gilbert is our teaching assistant. Mrs Smith also works in our classroom too. We work really hard in our class and are very enthusiastic about our learning. Please pop back to our class to find out more about our adventures...
Our topic in the Spring Term is:
- In Science we are going to identify and name common and wild plants and identify and label the parts of flowering plants and trees. We will also be observing and describing how seeds and bulbs grow, learning about the life cycle of a plant and finding out what they need to grow and stay healthy.
- In History we will be learning all about the Great Fire of London and we will learn key facts, events, sequence the story and be doing lots of cross curricular writing such as letters, diaries and reports.
- In Geography we will be learning all about a contrasting non-European country and we have chosen to learn about China. We will be finding it on a map, learning facts about it and looking at the contrast between China and England. We will also learn about Chinese New Year and take part in lots of fun craft activities and taste some delicious traditional foods!
- In Art we will make work in the style of Georgia O'Keeffe and sketch still life drawings of plants and flowers. We will also use pastels to explore different media, and look at work by Van Gogh and Monet and look at similarities and differences.
- In DT we will design, make and evaluate a Chinese lantern as part of our learning about Chinese New Year.
- In Computing, we will continue to follow the Knowsley CLC Scheme of Work.
We are always very busy and have lots of fun learning! Check the articles below to see what we've been up to. We also love to hear from you so please leave us a comment in our guestbook!